Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Third Post

So in this quest to become an all round designer, there seems to be a very strong pull towards the comfortable. Whatever offers me comfort seems to be the first thing I immediately sit down to do. Sketching, day dreaming, clearing my nasal passages seem to be my areas of comfort. The bid to be a good designer shall not be fulfilled when ones hands are dirtied with snot balls. With this in mind, I pulled my finger out of my nose and decided to do the first thing that scares me. Watercolors.

Painting with watercolors feels like being in a thriller movie. As you put the colors down on the paper and they flow downhill, drying up as they do, the painter is rushing against time to merge them with the right colors and create a scene of perfect beauty and harmony. For an outsider, I am sure I looked like I was having an epileptic attack. 




No comments:

Post a Comment