Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Fourth Post

Speaking about design, there seem to be two key factors. At least for me, there seem to be two. I am sure the number varies for others, but for me... two. Spontaneity and perseverance. Both words big enough for me to have to check their spellings through dear old google. But these two seem to work well for me in designing good visuals. Take these paintings from my not so distant past for example. I chose these based on the fact that, when I painted them, I don't think I really thought, as much as I relied on instinct. The thinking came when I had to persist in making the initial set of instinctive strokes into legible and something distinctive.

I read this after sometime and had to come back and edit it. Instinct, I believe takes over after a lot of practise. And even then, it becomes rusty when the practise, slacks. So that's a note for me. Practise, practise, practise.





No comments:

Post a Comment